Blog Journal 2

As a student, I've used Microsoft Word throughout all phases of schooling. In elementary, I mostly used it to draw pictures and print out my own coloring sheets. In middle school, I began using it more professionally, as in, to write papers. That continued onto high school, except I learned how to change certain aspects like format, page breaks, line spacing, etc. Now, in college, I use Microsoft Word for practically everything -- I take notes in class on it, I build my resumé on it, I remain typing my papers on it. My teachers have used Microsoft Word similar to how I have, from what I've observed. They create tests and quizzes on it, they write letters of recommendation using it, they present lectures with it, they even lesson plan on it.

In my experience, since a young age in school, I've been taught to create my own work but also incorporate separate ideas, as long as credit is given to the original author. I was shown proper formatting of a "works cited" page, and how to correctly add in-text citations to show that while it applied to my work, it was not my original words. As a teacher, I would reflect these ideas onto my students. I would stress the consequences of plagiarism and make sure my students were all aware of how to go about fairly using copyrighted materials.

Chapter 11 reflected on the three main types of implementation issues in the classroom: legal, social, and ethical issues. An example of a legal implementation issue is copyrighting. In my classroom, say if I made my students write a paper, I would require they submit their works through turnitin.com, so they would be checked for originality and therefore protect copyrights. To combat a social issue, like cyberbullying, I would offer my students resources like pledges or allow them to attend assemblies focusing on the damaging affects of cyberbullying. Finally, in my classroom, I would take steps to ensure my students knew their rights to free speech while in school, but also tell them the consequences if they disregard safe online activity for students.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 1