Blog Journal 3
I feel most prepared to teach the L.5 ELA Technology Standard. This ELA Standard was taught to me in a past AP English Language class in high school and really helped to better my understanding. For example, we had to create a journal, essentially our own dictionaries, of higher level vocabulary words. We would have to include the word's definition, part of speech, pronunciation, etymology, and a standard use of the word in a sentence, with context clues to figuring out what the word means. In that one assignment, I achieved all that was necessary to comprehend the L.5 standard. One I don't feel prepared to teach is the SL.5 standard. This standard requires knowledge to incorporate more difficult technology into the classroom, like creating your own recordings or visual displays. I am confident this class will help me do so, however.
Based on Chapter 9, the software/applications I would like to use with my students would be the ones that require student input, like Weblogs or Voki, for example. I think it's very important for students to share their voice in their work, and with a blog or Voki, they can do that metaphorically and literally. Since these methods require somewhat technological knowledge, it is important that my students have a good grasp on digital citizenship. Therefore, I would only assign these types of softwares/applications to students around the age of 14-18, so that they would be using it correctly and responsibly.
Completing this newsletter design assignment made me super excited to enter the workforce. I liked how it made me think creatively about the possible assignments I'll be giving to my students and how to make them fun and interactive. I didn't like how much time it took to complete, even though it seemed easy (formatting is no joke). Next time I can improve my newsletter by not making it so wordy, and create the format first so the writing will be a breeze. Learning how to use columns, hyperlinks, and text boxes will be useful for my future career because there will rarely be an assignment given that doesn't require those technical elements.
Based on Chapter 9, the software/applications I would like to use with my students would be the ones that require student input, like Weblogs or Voki, for example. I think it's very important for students to share their voice in their work, and with a blog or Voki, they can do that metaphorically and literally. Since these methods require somewhat technological knowledge, it is important that my students have a good grasp on digital citizenship. Therefore, I would only assign these types of softwares/applications to students around the age of 14-18, so that they would be using it correctly and responsibly.
Completing this newsletter design assignment made me super excited to enter the workforce. I liked how it made me think creatively about the possible assignments I'll be giving to my students and how to make them fun and interactive. I didn't like how much time it took to complete, even though it seemed easy (formatting is no joke). Next time I can improve my newsletter by not making it so wordy, and create the format first so the writing will be a breeze. Learning how to use columns, hyperlinks, and text boxes will be useful for my future career because there will rarely be an assignment given that doesn't require those technical elements.
Comments
Post a Comment