Blog Journal 4
So far on Twitter, I followed and interacted with a ton of users that also use #EdTech. Some of these are students, while others are teachers, the Tedx company, or even the Department of Education. It's interesting to read how others are incorporating education into the classroom, as well as how it affects students. Twitter could be helpful in the future because it offers a wide variety of advice, articles, opinions, and more. It could serve as a way for me to network, or collaborate with other teachers on how to make my classroom the best that it can be!
The digital divide causes a rift between students who are connected, and students who are not able to be connected. Students from low-income households do not have the means to keep up with all the technological advances, and therefore get caught behind those who do have the means. This means when students are assigned homework or even classwork that requires technology, the students not able to access the materials will miss an assignment, or not be able to complete the classwork efficiently, due to their inexperience. As a teacher, I will focus on incorporating technology into my classroom so every student, regardless of their background, has an opportunity to learn the material and also better their skills with technology.
Since I plan on teaching high school students, I expect to use certain academic software like desktop publishing, for example. In doing this, I will be able to create professional materials such as study guides, which older American history students absolutely need in the classroom! The software I will use the least would be simulations, because history unfortunately is violent, and I don't think simulating violence in the classroom is very wise.
The digital divide causes a rift between students who are connected, and students who are not able to be connected. Students from low-income households do not have the means to keep up with all the technological advances, and therefore get caught behind those who do have the means. This means when students are assigned homework or even classwork that requires technology, the students not able to access the materials will miss an assignment, or not be able to complete the classwork efficiently, due to their inexperience. As a teacher, I will focus on incorporating technology into my classroom so every student, regardless of their background, has an opportunity to learn the material and also better their skills with technology.
Since I plan on teaching high school students, I expect to use certain academic software like desktop publishing, for example. In doing this, I will be able to create professional materials such as study guides, which older American history students absolutely need in the classroom! The software I will use the least would be simulations, because history unfortunately is violent, and I don't think simulating violence in the classroom is very wise.
Comments
Post a Comment