Blog Journal 6

To evaluate class pages on a school website, I went to my own high school's webpage -- Jupiter High School. (http://www.edline.net/pages/Jupiter_High_School). Publicly, I am allowed to see most everything on the home page, and even specific pages for students like sports, records, etc. However on those pages, when I went to the click the links about specific things regarding that topic, a login was needed. For example, if I go to Mr. Skeie's AP Human Geography's Assignment's, I can't see any information because I have not logged in.  

In my own classroom, I plan on using interactive technology, such as the Smart Boards. Using Smart Boards in the classroom, allows for the students to follow along and interact easily, by just touching the board. I am also able to visualize concepts by adding shapes and using different colors. I think it is important for student's to be able to prove they are understanding concepts, so if I show my students a gramatically-incorrect statement and ask them to point out the mistake, they can get up and circle it and emphasize it many different ways at just the tip of their finger. 

I loved experiencing the tech sandbox because it gave me so many ideas! Some technology you could incorporate into the classroom, would be the 3D printer and touch screen display board. For example, in a physics class if the students have to build a bridge, they could simply design one and print it with the 3D printer. Next, a way for students to use the touch screen display would be to practice geography. The students will be prompted to pair the name of the country with its geographical location as an activity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 2

Blog Journal 1